To get the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors, we have to understand what such flooring requires. Vinyl planks are thin strips of wood that you stick to your floors. They give an attractive wooden effect, being an inexpensive alternative to wooden flooring.
While new vinyl plank floors may look amazing, their upkeep is an important factor. There’s dust, hairs, crumbs, and much more on these floors, so you want to sweep or vacuum them up as soon as possible. There’s some debate over whether vacuuming is the best idea for vinyl flooring, but it’s absolutely possible if you do it properly.
The first step is to decide upon the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors. There’s a need for a specific model so that you don’t leave scratches all over the place. If you’re ready to have your vinyl plank floors looking neat and tidy for a long time, you should start looking at the different options available.
Vacuums for Vinyl Floors:
How Do They Differ from the Ones Used for Carpets?
Vacuuming vinyl floors might not appeal to some people, but one can’t deny the convenience factor! Vacuums usually take a fraction of the time and effort it takes for sweeping or even mopping. Plus, you can rest assured that all the dirt is sucked up into the vacuum instead of flying around into corners.
The best vacuum for vinyl plank floors will not leave any scuff marks or scratches all over the surface. Therefore, an ideal vacuum cleaner that is specifically for vinyl flooring shouldn’t have a beater bar or anything that can leave scrapes or scuffs on the floor. Ideally, it should have a specific mode or setting that won’t spoil the vinyl while cleaning it.
The best vacuum for vinyl plank floors should also be able to get into difficult corners, underneath furniture, and be adept at removing debris from a hard surface. Ideally, the result should be shiny floors that won’t get ruined through this cleaning method.
The pricing of the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors varies according to the make you use and the features they have. Some of the cheapest ones wouldn’t break the bank, but they would compromise on certain features such as battery life (if cordless) or material quality.
Overall, you may expect to find a suitable vacuum for your vinyl flooring needs in a price range you can afford. You might want to scrape together something to get the very best vacuum for vinyl plank floors, though a higher price isn’t necessarily a symbol of better quality.
How We Reviewed
We’ve reviewed some of the top picks on the market in search of the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors. This selection is on the basis of decent Amazon ratings, positive user reviews, and the features they provide. We’ve also made sure to select products from several price ranges. This way, homeowners with any kind of budget can actually think about getting the vacuum their vinyl plank floors need.
Best Vacuum for Vinyl Plank Floors: Our Top 10 Picks
We now come to looking at options regarding the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors. These come in all sorts of price ranges, features, warranties, and other aspects. You should peruse each listing carefully before making up your mind so you can get a perfect vacuum that makes your vinyl look new and shiny all over again.
- Lithium Ion for long battery life and outstanding performance. Always ready - holds a charge for up to 18 months
- Long life, Lightweight, and no memory effect.Suction Power-15.2 AW; Dustbowl Capacity: 20.6 oz.
- Smart Charge Technology uses up to 50% less energy,air Watts: 15.2 Watts, Voltage: 16V MAX
- Cyclonic action helps to keep the filter clean and power strong, translucent bagless dirt bowl easy to see dirt and empty
- Rotating slim nozzle for a variety of applications, removable, washable bowl and filters for thorough cleaning
The Black + Decker CHV1410L is a cordless lithium hand vacuum that is a great option for vinyl, wooden, and laminated floorings. It’s a compact, affordable, handheld vinyl vacuum that uses a long-lasting lithium-ion battery. The design of this model uses about half the energy of regular models, hence being an eco-friendly and logical choice. There’s a rotating nozzle you can use for several tasks, along with a removable filter that you can easily wash.
Also appreciable is the dirt bowl, which will allow you to check if it’s getting full. There’s no bag, so you don’t have that hassle! There’s also a two-year limited warranty that might come in handy at times. The battery charge is another aspect of the flawless performance you get with this vacuum cleaner. However, the wide nozzle might not allow you to get into really tight spaces.
- Clean and sanitize* sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals. Eliminates 99. 9Percent of germs and bacteria* with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip-down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- Features swivel steering and a 23-foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, (2) spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider. Power rating: 1500 watts
The BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop is a tile cleaner, floor steamer, and a hardwood floor cleaner all rolled into one. The company is a known brand in the world of floor cleaning, and it’s guaranteed to kill off most of the bacteria in your floors if you use it properly. It uses steam for cleaning, hence eliminating the need for water or soap. It’s a soft cleaning process that won’t leave scratches on vinyl plank floors or anywhere else. The working is also said to be twice the speed of other options.
The discs included add a fragrance to the steam, which makes sure your house or apartment smells fresh and clean all day long. There’s a smart digital control for easy use as well as a water tank, so you don’t have to constantly dip anything into the water. However, you should be aware of the fact that the lowest steam setting is probably all you need for vinyl flooring because too much water could actually ruin your floors.
The Electrolux Ergorapido Stick is also a handheld vacuum that can fit into low budgets. It has a lithium-ion battery and can run for around 20 minutes on one charge. That might not seem like much, but it's enough to get the vacuuming done in a small apartment! The versatility of the stick and handheld options are also excellent, as one can choose according to their cleaning needs.
We also get a 180 EasySteer Maneuverability here along with a no-bag system and a weight of 5.5 pounds. There's a motorized power brush for deep cleaning, along with a charging stand. The battery means this device is wireless, which many homeowners will certainly appreciate. The only downside here is that the vacuum cannot stand on its own.
- DuoClean Technology features a bristle brush to deep clean carpets, and an additional soft brushroll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look
- Ultra-lightweight - it converts into a 46lbs hand vac for versatile above-floor cleaning The Shark Rocket with DuoClean is produced with a combination of durable ABS and PP plastics, along with some metal and rubber components
- Brushroll garage for easy access to the brushroll for mainteneance Comes with a hair removal tool
- Pet Multi-Tool Designed to capture embedded pet hair on all surfaces Press the wand release button at the top of the wand and pull the hand vac up, separating it from the rest of the vacuum Add the desired accessory and begin cleaning
- LED Lights on the floor nozzle and hand vac to help spot hidden debris throughout your home
The Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382 is a light, cordless, bagless, and double-use vacuum cleaner that’s suitable for hardwood floors, vinyl, and even carpets. You can lift it up to use as a hand vacuum or use the bristle brush to clean your pile carpet as deeply as possible. The soft brush roll will pull out any large particles from the vinyl plank floors and give them an instantly polished look.
In addition to the DuoClean Technology, the model is also relatively lightweight. This vacuum is comfortable enough for use in any area at home or work. According to reviews, the accessories here are absolutely perfect for deep and everyday cleaning. Also appreciable is the unique light feature in case you have to clean in the dark (for some reason). The only downside? Again, it won’t stand up on its own due to the heavy weight on top.
- 2 year parts & labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller
- Dyson digital motor: 3 times faster than conventional motors. The most power-efficient cordless vacuum
- Motorized floor tool with carbon fiber brushes. Ultra-fine conductive carbon fiber brushes clean hard floors. Rotating nylon brushes remove dirt gound into carpets
- 20 minutes increased run time. 20 minutes of high constant suction
- Additional tool included: Mini motorized tool
The Dyson DC44 is one of the latest models from this well-known vacuum cleaner company. It’s a slim, powerful device with digital features and no bags or filters. Each charge will get you a nice 20 minutes of running time, with a 2-year warranty on the parts and labor. The weight is another excellent advantage, being a light five pounds.
While this vacuum does have some excellent and unique features like the ones above, this does result in a higher price. If you do decide to consider this investment, though, you should keep in mind that the digital motor is three times as fast as the conventional variety! It’s also power-efficient, so your energy bill will not be so staggering after using it. With the rotating nylon brushes and conductive carbon fiber for cleaning hard floors, we’d say this model is worthwhile if you have a pet. The only downside here is that it’s suited best for just hairs on the floor. Even seeds and rugs may not go well here.
- 2 in 1 Cord-Free Convenience: Without the hassle of a cord, still provides an impressive 9Kpa of power to give you a deep, thorough Cleaning. 180 ° rotating direction design, freely rotates under the low profile sofa, the bed or the cracks, good for surface level pick up on stairs
- Super Suction Power: Powered by the direct-drive motorhead technology, drives stiff nylon bristles into the carpets to capture deep-down dirt or pet hair, Deep and thorough cleaning suits for carpet, hardwood floor
- Super Long Running Time: Advanced intellegent BMS design technology, up to 35 minutes of fade-free suction. 2200mAh rechargeable Lithium battery, 2.5-3h charging time, a fully charge can do one-time clean
- Cyclonic High-efficiency Filtration System: 4 Stages Fully-sealed Filtration, traps 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns without leakage, expels non-allergenic fresh air, prevent secondary pollution
- User-friendly: Wall mount for easy and space-saving storage, continuous power mode switch lock, washable HEPA, battery indicator shows the level and more humanized design. PUPPYOO Two Years Warranty!
The PUPPYOO 536 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner has a 2-in-1 design that combines the stick and handheld options. It features power suction, a battery for cordless operation, and can clean a variety of surfaces. The battery life is around 22 to 30 minutes, depending on the power mode you use. The modes include standard and high power, so you can customize your cleaning when needed.
The indicator lights will let you know the battery status while the 5.5-pound weight will let you maneuver the cleaner easily. You may even rotate in 120-degrees horizontally when required. The see-through dustbin is another excellent addition, as it lets you see how much capacity is left. While the suction isn’t as strong as one could hope, the ease of use makes up for it. There’s even a button to empty the bin, so you don’t have to use your hands much.
- Lightweight HEPA-ready commercial canister vacuum is great for bare floors and hard surfaces
- Comes with a carpet cleaning attachment for low-pile carpet and area rugs
- For use on deeper pile carpets
- Includes two plastic wands to reach difficult cleaning locations, deluxe dusting brush crevice tool
- 2 year warranty
The Sanitaire SC3683B is a handheld canister version that measures just 18 inches in length. The weight of 10 pounds is quite hefty for this size, but still manageable. It’s a compact and convenient option, with two plastic wands to help you reach inside those pesky nooks and crannies! There's also an attachment for carpet cleaning, so you have several options in one device.
Laminated floors, vinyl planks, and even pile carpets are all compatible with this vacuum, while the lightweight option is great for the operator. The two-year warranty doesn’t hurt either. Suction power and the ability to deal with pet hair are just more reasons to try this one out. However, we recommend you to only take the plunge if the loud noise is acceptable.
- 【Hard Floor Expert】The soft plush brush roll glides across hard floors and removes both large and small particles with ease
- 【Easy-to-use】The 21.6V cordless vacuum allows you to clean every part of your house quickly and efficiently
- 【Lightweight & Maneuverable】With this portable stick vacuum at only 5.3 lbs., equipped with swivel steering and a low profile nozzle, this vacuum is perfect for cleaning under and around furniture
- 【Accessories】Includes 2 cleaning tools, perfect for dust, hard-to-reach places, upholstery and all types of floors cleanings
- 【Battery Indicator Lights】The tangible battery indicator light provides accurate battery state
This Eureka NEC122 is a cordless stick vacuum cleaner equipped with PowerPlush technology. That means it has a soft plush brushing roll that can remove all kinds of particles from your hard surfaces. It also has an indicator light so you can see the status of the battery. The cordless feature is excellent for most homeowners, as the cleaning chores would just fly by! The battery life is just 15 minutes, but that might be enough if you have a small place.
Other excellent features here include the maneuverability, 5.3-pound weight, swivel steering, and the low-profile nozzle. That means the vacuum works nicely in cleaning furniture from underneath as well as all around. You also get some accessories, but there are issues with some tiny debris left behind.
- READY FOR ANY MESS: Equipped with two side brushes and a main brush, DEEBOT will sweep, lift, and vacuum to clean an entire floor (Auto mode), a small area (Spot mode), or the edge of your floor (Edge mode).
- VOICE & APP CONTROLS: Alexa & Google Assistant voice commands. ECOVACS Smart App comes w/ 5+ advanced features including direct control, scheduling, status updates, cleaning modes, accessories status, etc.
- MAX MODE POWER: Increase suction power by up to 2X for particularly troublesome messes.
- UP TO 110 MINUTE RUNTIME: A longer battery life for even more cleaning! Auto-return & charging means your robot will always be ready to clean.
- STANDARD: 1-Year . Comes w/ (1) charging dock, (4) side brushes, (2) high efficiency air filter, (1) remote control w/ battery), (1) cleaning tool, Customer Support
This ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S is a robot vacuum cleaner with all the bells and whistles as it features app controls, Alexa connectivity, self-charging, and powerful suction to clean everything up while you relax. Thin carpet and hard floor surfaces are its specialties, so you’ll be fine running this on your vinyl planks.
The Max Mode Cleaning, voice controls, and various cleaning modes allow you to operate this device wherever and whenever you want. You can also make use of the apps to customize, monitor, or schedule the cleaning sessions. If there’s an issue, the one-year warranty will cover it. There’s even an edge mode for the places that are hard to reach. That is certainly a great innovation, but it might lose itself at some point.
If you’re one of those who is looking for a highly convenient and time-saving way to clean your vinyl plank floors, Ecovacs Deebot may easily fulfill your cleaning needs.
- Lightweight, easy-to-carry, powerful bagless upright vacuum for every floor type
- Features patented Root Cyclone technology; no loss of suction
- Telescope Reach wand extends 15.7 feet for high-reach cleaning, with no awkward parts to assemble
- Lifetime washable HEPA filter traps microscopic allergens
- Carries a 5-year warranty for parts and labor; weighs 17.6 pounds
The Dyson DC33 is an upright, bagless, multi-purpose contraption touted as the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors. In fact, it’s suitable for cleaning several types of flooring from tile to carpets. The versatility and powerful performance help to have the whole house or apartment clean much faster than before.
With the bagless design and cyclone technology, you’ll have fewer issues with allergies. This combination makes every bit of dust, hair, and other debris go straight into the bin without stirring them up around you. The telescoping wand for high spaces and washable HEPA filter are just two more advantages. However, there are some reports of the components not being as durable as desired.
Best Vacuum for Vinyl Plank Floors:
Who Takes First Place?
Any of the options above could be the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors, but we can’t pick all of them! In a pinch, though, you might want to try out the Shark Rocket DuoClean HV382 before anything else. It has a reasonable price range, along with most of the features you want for cleaning vinyl floors. It’s also an excellent versatile option that allows you to clean any surface in one go.
What’s next, once you’ve chosen the best vacuum for vinyl plank floors and have started using it, you’ll definitely be able to maintain your vinyl flooring well.